Weekend Recap | Swim, Gym, and Pliny

Thursday AM, Scott dropped me at the airport for my trip to CA!! I had a quick flight to JFK on a tiny puddle jumper. Per usual - it was horrible. You are up and down so quick, it's a small plane so any wind makes it super bumpy, and by the time we land - I feel sick. Luckily, I had about an hour layover so I was able to walk around a bit and grab a sandwich for lunch. 

Next up - the flight to SFO! 

I took the pic above on snapchat, but couldn't post until I landed. I love the filters that tell you how fast you're going! 

I flew Delta, and we were on a huge plane. It was so long! The seats were pretty roomy, and the TVs were similar to Virgin or Jet Blue - direct TV and some free shows available, plus some movies for purchase. I watched some episodes of Parks and Rec, Angie Tribeca, Law and Order SVU, and The Mindy Project. 

When I got in, I met Heather at the train station and we rode home together. That night we ordered some dinner, played with EGL and hung around. 

Crazy Erik got up early and went with his Hockey buds to Russian River to taste some Pliny the Younger. This beer is rare and delicious (I hear), and they left at 4:45AM to get in line! They hung around until 11 to get in, had 3 beers in 3 hours and headed back. It would have been good to taste Pliny the Younger, but -- it wasn't worth getting up that early! 
Instead, I stayed home with H & E. I had a little bit of work to do, so Heather and Ethan went for a walk. When they came back, I was all done and Heather had to get on a call and do some work so EGL and I went to the park. 

EGL loves to dance to Uptown Funk! He'll turn on the TV and say: 

Later, we practiced saying "Uncle Scott" but only got "Uncle Pots" or "Sot". You'll get it in time, little buddy - Scotty's nieces and nephews still call him Uncle Cott! 

 EGL is such a helper! He took this lantern off the table and dragged it around for a bit. Luckily he didn't break it, and was such a good boy to bring it back where it belongs! 

We hung around that afternoon, took a walk with Evie and had a low key night. Erik was nice enough to bring back some Pliny the Elder for me! WOOT! 

In the AM - Ethan had swimming. We grabbed some juices and walked through the farmers market on the way home. 
We played outside with bubbles in the warm weather. 

Heather and I went out to lunch when EGL went down for a nap, but he was NOT having it! He ended up not napping and going a little cuckoo later that night. 

Finally the little guy went to bed and we hung out on the couch until we all fell asleep by 10. 

Cuddling with the original fur - neice, Evie May! 

Early AM trains. Erik and Ethan put the table together on no - nap afternoon. Later we shuffled the track around to get the bridge up. 

Next, we hit up the usual breakfast hotspot: Sam's Log Cabin! 
Erik treated his girls (Heather and baby girl!), me and Ethan to breakfast. Then, it was off to gymnastics! 

Playing in the blocks after hanging on the rings. 

Working on his somersault. EGL was done with the gym with a few min left to class. He wanted to get his hand stamped and move on with the day! 

Little dude has a runny nose, and when he rubbed his nose with his stamped hand, his face turned blue!! 
After nap, we went to Berkeley Marina for a walk. 

We drove up to Pt. Reyes, and it was quite eventful! EGL did not handle the windy roads in the backseat well and we had to pull over for an outfit change after he got carsick. I feel for him, since that used to be me when I was a kid! 

We poked around town while his stomach settled. It was so nice and warm! 

We picked up sandwiches, had some coffee and headed back. 
These two didn't make it home without a nap! 

Back home, we dug out the water table since it was so nice out. 

SOMEONE got all wet so I wrapped him up to dry.
We walked downtown for pizza before bath and bed for Ethan and an Uber to the airport for Titi! 

We had a GREAT visit, and I was sad to leave! 
See you soon Luna's! 


Popular Posts