Delicious Dish | Kung Pao Chicken


I'm the first to admit that I am a spoiled, lucky girl. Scott gets home from work before me, and likes to cook – so, when I get home, dinner is nearly done, or being made. Of course I help when I can, but my schedule doesn’t always allow for that, sadly. Anyway – he is willing to try almost any recipe I find on pinterest, skinny taste, or one of the various cooking magazines we stumble upon. The only caveat – I do the grocery shopping. Not a bad deal.  So, I’ll feature the dishes he creates – in “Delicious Dish”. Inspired by the SNL Skit. Who doesn’t love the Schweddy Balls episode!?  





This week’s dish: Kung Pao Chicken. 

The original recipe I found was for a slow cooker version. But – the chicken I got was thinner sliced and would not have held up. Luckily (?) I wasn’t able to find the sauce in a bottle that was needed, got a packet of Kung Pao seasoning instead and followed the recipe on the back. 

This dinner was a quick one! The longest part was cooking the chicken, and I prepped the celery and peppers as sous chef so it was less work for Chef Scott. 


We added the peanuts right before we ate. It was definitely less salty and heavy than ordering take out Chinese food - such a Delicious Dish! 


Comments

Popular Posts